[vlc-devel] VLC media player 1.0.4
remi at remlab.net
Thu Dec 10 19:20:35 CET 2009
The VideoLAN project is happy to announce the immediate source code release
of the latest stable version 1.0.4 of VLC media player. This release mostly
addresses bugs, especially on X11 (Linux, BSD, Solaris) platforms.
We recommend affected users and distributions upgrade as soon as possible.
The most important changes are noted below.
N.B.: There are currently no plans to ship binary releases for this version.
Changes between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4:
* Fix deadlocks in the audio output core
* Make PulseAudio the default output if available
* Fix fullscreen mode with KDE 4.3.3 and other window managers
* Fix incompatibility with cairo-dock and compositing
* Fix DVB scanning regression from VLC 1.0.3
* Support for XZ-compressed byte stream (LZMA algorithm)
* Support for .m3u8 playlist files (UTF-8 M3U)
* Support for xcb-keysyms version 0.3.4 or higher
* Fix globalhotkeys on FreeBSD
* Fix opening V4L version 1 devices
* Fix default destination ports in the streaming wizard
* New Walloon translation
* Swedish, Ukrainian, Japanes and French translation update
More information about the vlc-devel