[vlc-devel] Help read() 1.0-bugfix issue

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Dec 11 11:07:35 CET 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:17:28 +1100, xxcv <xxcv07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ntkrnlpa.exe!KiUnexpectedInterrupt+0xbc
> ntkrnlpa.exe!PsDereferencePrimaryToken+0x342
> ntkrnlpa.exe!KiDeliverApc+0xb3
> ntkrnlpa.exe!ZwYieldExecution+0x2570
> ntkrnlpa.exe!NtWaitForSingleObject+0x9a
> ntkrnlpa.exe!KeReleaseInStackQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel+0xb74
> ntdll.dll!KiFastSystemCallRet
> ntdll.dll!RtlEnterCriticalSection+0x46
> msvcrt.dll!read+0x3d
> libaccess_file_plugin.dll+0x1e76

A crash within a system call seems a bit odd. That said, I don't know how
Windows handles bad memory access within the kernel (Linux returns EFAULT,
but maybe Windows makes the process crash).

In any case, this report is unusable without a proper stack trace.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis