[vlc-devel] commit: skins2: first proposal for a skinnable fullscreen controller (fsc) (Erwan Tulou )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Dec 17 07:54:18 CET 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 23:40:54 +0100 (CET), git at videolan.org (git version
control) wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Erwan Tulou <erwan10 at videolan.org> | Tue Dec 15
> 23:51:22 2009 +0100| [9ba50800a1638c65dda170970c4081847825dc91] |
> committer: Erwan Tulou
>
> skins2: first proposal for a skinnable fullscreen controller (fsc)
>
> This patch proposes a fullscreen controller for the skins2 interface.
> it features the following :
> - skinable fsc (desciption in theme.xml with the Window tag)
> - only restriction : no spawning of subwindows or dialogs
> - window is considered a fsc when id="fullscreenController"
> - (de)activation by clicking on the middle button of the mouse
(intf-show)

> This fsc currently only works for Linux (new vout design).
> For Windows, it is a noop as long as the old vout design is still valid.

MSW outputs already use the new vout architecture. But I guess they (still)
do not use the vout_window when going full-screen. That's a separate issue:
an old vout can use the new vout_window full-screen API, and a new vout is
not forced to use it (although it would be best to use it IMHO).

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis