[vlc-devel] Christian Santa Hat removal?

Rob Whelan rob-jc at charter.net
Fri Dec 18 20:06:46 CET 2009

Greetings.

Is there a way to remove or disable the Christian holiday Easter egg?  Many
users (myself included) are not Christian and feel that this icon is
probably not a good idea.  We do not see similar Easter eggs for high
holidays of other faiths (Ramadan, Kwanzaa, Hanukah, Buddhist and Hindu
holidays etc.) and wonder if VLC is positioning itself as 'anti' other
faiths since its development team is mostly European and American.

It is a shame to make users who have supported the project feel as though
they are less valued than other users.

Is there a way I can remove this icon from my viewer without having to
recompile my own copy which is something far beyond the average user's
ability?