[vlc-devel] Christian Santa Hat removal?

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Sat Dec 19 10:25:57 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 02:06:46PM -0500, Rob Whelan wrote:
> Many users (myself included) are not Christian and feel that this icon
> is probably not a good idea.

Many users and developers, myself included, are not christian and manage
to not take offense to what you elsewhere termed "cultural bias". In
fact, the current form and colour of "santa" and his garb is pretty much
a commercial invention, courtesy Coca Cola[r].

Reading the rest of the thread, and especially your argumentation that
seems bent on finding fault with others while showing yourself off as
hyper-politically correct, I quite understand the annoyance of the
responders.

Please don't go out and find offense where clearly none is intended.
If you insist we will be forced to ignore you.