[vlc-devel] [Patchs] Removed dialogs hand-made singleton

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:27:57 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen <beauze.h at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/21 Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org>
>
> Le lundi 21 décembre 2009, Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen a écrit :
>> > A new singleton pattern was implemented in almost every dialog
>> > classes. This patch adds a generic singleton implementation, and use
>> > it in every dialog.
>>
>> Making non-static data static looks like a step backward to me. I really
>> don't see the point.
>>

> I really don't understand your point here.

Let me rephrase : I don't understand what you mean by "making non static
data" as everything that was static is still.
The only thing that changed is the addition of a generic singleton, to avoid
rewriting the code each time a singleton is needed.
Every instance stay static, it just reduce the ammount of code.

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen