[vlc-devel] Bindings issue??

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 19:48:33 CET 2009

Thanks Kaarlo for the reply,

I wish it was that easy. I am already specifying the plugins path to the dlls in the options when creating a instance of libvlc. Problem is that is in a special cache directory created by java web start (java update app) whose path is unknown by the developer. In either case does the items it is looking for get created if not found and if so where? Is there some way I can create these files that are being looked for initially via options? The jvlc interface provides no API calls to create the profile and cache files. Perhaps the other bindings projects do that somehow to avoid the vlc regular install files (config & cache) colliding with their installs.

I still believe this is one of those overall issues the bindings projects need to be aware of.

Regards,
-Tony