[vlc-devel] Mac OSX developer.

Doug Pedley dpedley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 00:31:08 CET 2009

For developers consideration,

I would like to offer some of my time to the VLC workforce. I feel
that I can fill Mac developer spot that is open.
I have a busy life of programming, but would like to devote time to
the VLC project if it is a good fit.

I'm an active software engineer, programming on various Unix, Linux,
Mac platforms for 15+ years now.
I have experience also in Linux open source, I worked on the Trixbox
project in '07. (trixbox.org, a VOIP solution)

I am currently a iPhone Developer and know XCode development well. My
core languages have always been C/C++
and the related derivative languages (C#, Objective C, etc)

I've worked in plenty of development teams, and I am comfortable with
SVN, GIT and other code repositories. I have
also worked with various bug trackers and wiki based documentation
systems.

My weak points in relation to this project could probably be summed up
as:
	1. video codec knowledge this would be new for me.
	2. the specific build process.

Both of which I feel confident I could learn.

I have a badly outdated resume at dpedley.com I will try to update it
to reflect my last few years of work.

Thanks for the consideration.
-d