[vlc-devel] commit: XCB/XVideo: ignore ARGB picture format ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Dec 26 10:42:14 CET 2009

Le mercredi 23 décembre 2009, git version control a écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Wed
> Dec 23 14:55:28 2009 +0200|
> [43db2ff148439be1aec70febd64e1c0c5f26bc40] | committer: Rémi
> Denis-Courmont
>
> XCB/XVideo: ignore ARGB picture format

BTW, I cannot get 8, 15 and 16-bits RGB XVideo formats to work.

The ATI XVideo driver seems buggy. It claims its color depth to be
16-bits, whereas it should have 16 bits/pixel but 15-bits depth.

8-bits RGB is totally broken in VLC. I never got the palette right with
XVideo nor plain X11; same problem with XCB and Xlib plugins.

As for 16-bits RGB, it seems VLC is not handling the color masks right.

http://www.remlab.net/