[vlc-devel] Vod playback problem

nobody mobody09 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 08:52:08 CET 2009

Pierre Ynard wrote:
>>> setup dvd mux mp2t
>>>
>>> This will tell VLC to use the MPEG-TS encapsulation layer over RTP,
>>> that will take care of the synchronization better.
>>>

>> Good. That mux option doesn't exist, do you mean mux=ts ?
>> "--sout-rtp-mux=ts" Server will mux it but client won't play it.
>>

> "mp2t" and "ts" stand for the same muxer, MPEG-TS.

Actually the command you provided works thank you.

Playback is nicely synchronized, however what I don't really understand
is the cpu usage is really high.
Since no transcoding was done, I looked into it and one of the thread is
maxing out.

ntoskrnl.exe!ExReleaseResourceLite+0x2b4
ntoskrnl.exe!IoGetRequestorProcessId+0x583
hal.dll+0x2ef2
hal.dll!KfLowerIrql+0x17
ntoskrnl.exe!ProbeForWrite+0x2c6
ntoskrnl.exe!KiDeliverApc+0xb9e
ntdll.dll!KiFastSystemCallRet
libvlccore.dll!mwait+0x6d

This looks like vlccore is waiting infinitely?

--
t77