[vlc-devel] commit: Experimental lua gettext support. (Antoine Cellerier )

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Mon Dec 28 19:13:06 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I dunno lua, so this might be stupid. But can't we just make the N_
> function a no-op at a higher level? (IOW, do we really need C code to
> re-invent the identity function?).

We don't.  I put  it in  the C code  since that  was most  convinient to
share  code with  all  the lua  plugin types.  (I  was also  considering
defining the  functions as _()  and N_() instead of  vlc.gettext._() and
vlc.gettext.N_())

I'll   probably  change   the   way  we   handle   native  lua   modules
(share/lua/intf/modules/ at the moment) in the comming days to make some
of them accessible to other lua plugin types (like extensions).

Btw, if  anybody knows  how to  test gettext  support without  having to
install vlc, I'd love to be told.

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea