[vlc-devel] VLC source compilation issues for Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Mon Dec 28 22:41:50 CET 2009

> Then, I performed following in vlc root dir:
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure --build=i386-apple-darwin10 CFLAGS="-arch i386" CXXFLAGS="-arch
> i386" LDFLAGS="-arch i386" OBJCFLAGS="-arch i386"
>
> All these steps went very well, but the make I did from vlc root seems to
> fail with libtool error pasted below.

You don't need to bootsrtap if you start from the tarball. You only need
it if you start from git.

You have a libtool version mismatch between the libtool you use and the
libtool used to create the tarball; which create the problem you
experienced. delete m4/lib-* and m4/lt* and rebootstrap.

--
Xtophe