[vlc-devel] DXVA : workaround for a bug in ATI drivers

Geoffroy Couprie geo.couprie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:16:04 CET 2009

Hello,

De: "Mathieu Velten"

hello !

I am a hacker on the directshow player MPC-HC. I just see that you add
hardware acceleration (great work !).
I read the code and it seems that you are not aware of a DXVA
implementation bug in ATI driver :
the ATI driver needs the scaling matrix in raster order (vs zigzag
order in the standard).
You should change the fill_scaling_lists function accordingly in the
ffmpeg dxva2 patch using the "workaround" field of the context I
guess.
this bug should only trigger with files using custom matrices since a
flat matrix is the same with both orders.

[...]

Thanks for reporting this! Is ATI aware of this bug? Or, in other words, when will we need to change the detection code to accept new drivers?

Regards,

Geoffroy Couprie