[vlc-devel] undestanding the vlc data structures

Vincenzo Giarratana vincenzo.giarratana at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:47:27 CET 2009

Hi all,

i am trying to undestand the vlc data structures, i am studing the input.c
source code and I see data is organazid in the input_thread_t  struct. It is
not easy to me to find what is the struct that hold the actual input data
stream. As well I'd like to find the struct defining the actual data stream
that is passed to the decoder step.

May be it is  the block_t struct, am I correct ?

I am a little bit confused with the huge number of structures and fields,
please help me to find the final struct (at the leaves) defining the raw
data of the media beeing processed before decoding it.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Waiting for your kind reply

Vincenzo Giarratana
 <mailto:vincenzo.giarratana at gmail.com> vincenzo.giarratana at gmail.com