[vlc-devel] ASX ads behaviour - patch proposal 2

Pierre SOUCHAY pierre.souchay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:59:03 CET 2009

Hi,

Le 30 déc. 09 à 15:40, Antoine Cellerier a écrit :

> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

>>> Would it make sense to have similar behavior for playlists of more
>>> than
>>> one element all marked as CLIENTSKIP=NO ?
>>
>> There is an option for that already.
>
> Read my question again :) (and I know about the option, I added the
> CLIENSKIP stuff)

IMHO this would break the anti-ads stuff...

This patch is intended for playlist that would be loaded without any
entry. This patch works like this

CASE 1:
- entry1 skip=no
- entry2 skip=no
- entry3 skip=no

Then entry1 only would be loaded

CASE 2:
  - entry1 skip=no
  - entry2 skip=no
  - entry3

Only entry3 would be loaded

With the old behaviour CASE1 was not loading any item which is
probably not what was intended by the user.

The goal for me was to keep the anti-ads feature, if we would load 1,2
and 3 in case 1, this would disable the anti-ads feature for all web
admin that put the skip=no in all entries. However, discution is open
whether to keep entry1 or entry3.