[vlc-devel] v210 codec support

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Feb 3 21:41:56 CET 2009

Le mardi 3 février 2009 22:27:08 Craig Perras, vous avez écrit :
> is anyone working on adding v210 codec support to vlc (eg: 10-bit YCbCr
> via blackmagic hd-sdi cards) to vlc?

Nobody ever claimed so.

> i might be interested in contributing
> if someone could help me get started (i have 10+ years in c/c++
> development, but i'm pretty new to av codecs).

If this is raw video, it probably should not be implemented as a codec, but
rather as a chroma conversion. Either way, not-too-complicated-to-read
existing plugins can be found at modules/codec/rawvideo.c and
modules/video_chroma/yuy2_i422.c

You can also ask on the IRC channel (depending on developper's availability)

Best regards,