[vlc-devel] commit: live555: unbreak windows RTSP servers ( introduced in c0d37c7c881712e182f03b52d0b00a911cab81ac). (Jean-Paul Saman )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Wed Feb 4 12:11:27 CET 2009

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:06:28 -0800, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
wrote:
> Would you like me to change the LIVE555
> "RTSPClient::sendOptionsCmd()" function to return an empty string
> (i.e., "") instead of NULL in this case?  I could do this easily;
> just let me know.

With _no_ Public field, the server does not tell you what it supports. This
is very different from an empty Public field which would mean the server
supports nothing at all. So in principles, this would be wrong IMHO.

In practice, VLC needs to cope with the NULL case anyway, due to older
live555 versions, unless we start requiring a new version. I do not think
this minor change would justify us doing it.