[vlc-devel] Time to uncover and address bugs

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Feb 7 18:52:12 CET 2009

	Hello,

If you managed to miss the announcements, I'd like to remind everyone that we
have reached core features freeze for VLC version 1.0. The complete feature
freeze is nearing as well.

That means it is high time for you to verify that it works properly, file bugs
and more importantly submit patches. This time there will be no such a -lame-
excuse as "summer holydays period", and the freeze will last longer than any
common winter holydays.

If you fail to test in due time _before_ the release, then don't be surprised
that you get screwed. And if you don't submit patches, don't complain that
your bugs aren't fixed. Bugs don't get fixed by filing and waiting.