[vlc-devel] Spawning a vout when none is available

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 9 16:53:56 CET 2009

> I don't understand your problem anyway. The demux should know if it has
> created a VIDEO_ES, in which case it is safe to assume there is a video
> output, and reciprocally - unless stream output is involved or video was
> disabled.

I'm not hacking on the demux though, so I'd need to pass this information
from the demux (eg, ogg or mkv) to the codec.

But thinking about it, it makes more sense to have the slides separate
from any possible video, so they can be turned on/off separately, since
enabling them would obscure the video, unlike traditional subtitles, so
I'll go with the separate vout in the patch, if it's considered clean.

Thanks