[vlc-devel] JVLC and group_stream from vlc

Aleksandar Lazic al-vlcdevel at none.at
Fri Feb 13 01:54:23 CET 2009

Hi JVLC/VLC developer(s),

I'am new to VLC and JVLC and have take a look into the samples and
examples.

What is not clear for me does the current JVLC is able to decode a
video/audio stream from a buffer?

The examples and samples read always from file not from a socket or a
buffer or a byte array.

What I want to do is the following:

I have a callback which gets an frameobject and this object have the
follwoing method:

###
byte[] getBuffer()
###

into this byte array are the dates for one frame.
This callback will be called always when a new frame is comming.

Please can anybody help me to come to a solution.

Maybe I have overseen something or should read a more deeper description
for vlc and jvlc, then please point me to the right way / site ;-).

I have seen in this mail that you plan to add the streaming possibility
from vlc, maybe this is the solution?

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-December/053830.html

Many thanks for your help

Aleks