[vlc-devel] localization in konkani

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Tue Feb 17 23:16:41 CET 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 20:19 +0530, sagar arlekar wrote:
> I want to localize vlc player to konkani language. Konkani is spoken in the
> konkan region on the west cost of India. This language uses 'Devnagri'
> script, the same as Hindi.
>
> kindly send me the 'localization file'.
>
> Is there a detailed documentation on the localization process??

You can find the file there:
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/kok.po
You can use poEdit or Lokalize ((or a simple text editor to translate)). Make
sure that you use UTF-8 as encoding

We don't really have a detailled documentation on the localisation
process. If  you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Thanks

--
Xtophe