[vlc-devel] VLC as a frame-server : some problems remains.

Video Guru guru.video at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:03:58 CET 2009

Thanks Remi for the reply.

On vmem's lock callback, I immediately give a pointer from my
applications managed buffers, and returns. After vmem's unlock I mark
that buffer as filled for the display use. I have 100 such buffers.
But vmem lock callback is arriving at the media's fps, i.e., 25 Hz.

So the callback rate is being limited by the VLC, may be for the A/V
sync etc. But I am managing my own A/V sync based on the dates so I
want the max speed which disk io/codec/vlc can reach.

Please guide.