[vlc-devel] Tranlsation of VLC to Marathi (Indian syllabic/Devnagri language)

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Wed Feb 25 00:33:54 CET 2009

Hello

On Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 20:36 +0530, Rushikesh Kshirsagar wrote:
>         I wish to translate VLC into Marathi language which is a syllabic
> language having 'Devnagri Script'. It's one of the standard languages in
> India. It is similar to Hindi in which VLC is already translated.
>         Will you please guid me how to make this translation?
> From where can I get the .po file?

You can find the file there:
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/mr.po
You can use poEdit or Lokalize ((or a simple text editor to translate)).
Make sure that you use UTF-8 as encoding.

The Hindi localisation is not very complete but you can download it at
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/hi.po;hb=0.9-bugfix
if it helps.

We don't really have a detailled documentation on the localisation
process. If  you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Thanks

--
Xtophe