[vlc-devel] Problem with libvlc_media_player_get_time function

Jonathan Wong jhannwong at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 06:31:14 CET 2009

That function does work correctly after I call libvlc_media_player_set_time. Say I let a media run
for 10 secs, then call set_time to set it back to the 4 secs position. The get_time function seems
stuck at 10 secs until the media plays past 10 secs, THEN it begins to function correctly.

The libvlc_media_player_get_position function works correctly, though.

Is this a known bug? Is the get_time function deprecated in favor of some other correctly
functioning API? This bug doesn't really happen with .wmv, only with .mpg it seems. Actually, the
returned time seems a bit wrong even with .wmv.