[vlc-devel] remove the subtitles

Anna Richter anna.richter1 at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 17:03:56 CET 2009

Hi everybody!

I have following situation: I have a video-streaming-server on the one side and a video-client on the other side. The video-client is a C-Code. In that C-Code I call the vlc-code, which I took from here: http://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC_Tutorial. The desired url is a parameter of the libvlc_media_new(...)-function. Then the client sends a request to the server to get the data according to that url. When the videostreams receives at the client, it plays it, means, it opens the video-output-window and plays the video there.

But (and that is my problem) the data-url is displayed the first couple of seconds on the display too, like a kind of subtitles. How can I remove it? What should I change and where? I am looking for it since 2days and I still can not find it. It would be great, if somebody could help me.

Best wishes

Anna