[vlc-devel] [RFC] Opening network stream

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi
Fri Feb 27 10:50:07 CET 2009

On to 26. helmikuuta 2009 20.15.33, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> 	Hello,
>

> I would really remove the open network dialog/tab completely. Then I'd widden,
> rename and move the Paste MRL dialog. And if we really want RTP and/or UDP
> helpers, we can add a forth button to that dialog, but I think we should skip
> that and encourage people to use RTSP, SAP and/or SDP-over-HTTP.

I think this is one of the first feedbacks on open network-dialog (not
sure, maybe my memory is doing tricks on me). But yes I too think that
whole open network tab could be dropped in favor of that open localtion
dialog where user just drops url.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
"I drink to make other people interesting."