[vlc-devel] Different code paths between libvlc and VideoLan player?

Jonathan Wong jhannwong at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 00:59:01 CET 2009

Yes, that's somewhat how I saw it in my tests, but not exactly.

The get_time works only for a brief moment right after I call set_time. Then it goes back to
malfunctioning. The malfunction is like this. The media plays till 10 secs point, I set_time to 4
secs. The get_time function at first returns 4 secs, but quickly jumps back to 10 secs. After the
media has played past the 10 secs point, the get_time function begins to work properly.

This bug is found in the QT gui too. Double click the TimeLabel at the bottom right of the gui,
and set the time there. The bug is reproduced thus exactly.

The media position slider works through a different code path. I'm diving into the codes today to
find out exactly.

I wonder why there's been no response from this forum. I hope I don't have to fork my own libvlc
version.