[vlc-devel] look and stream from IP camera..

Mauricio Henriquez mhenriquezs at terra.cl
Sat Feb 28 02:21:13 CET 2009

Hi guys, sorry if this question is in the wronge list...

Two question about streaming from IP cameras..

First I have a really old and bad IP camera that make a stream in a
propietarie format, but I can get the last picture that the camera take
from the camera URL like http://mycamera/cgi-bin?video.jpg
So my question is if I can make a stream from this images?, looking for
something I find the "--fake-file-reload" option, with I think that may
be can help, is posible to make a regular rstp or udp stream from this
images (is like vlc take this images from time to time a put it in the
stream)?

Second question is for a kind of better camera, this one can make a
mjpeg stream, here I think that is kind of more easy for vlc to show the
mjpeg stream from the camera, bit I don't have any idea about what
options to use/set, any examples to begin to try?

Really thanks for any tips..

Mauricio