[vlc-devel] VLC Dev Meeing '08: an association is born

Jean-Philippe André jpeg at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jan 5 16:34:43 CET 2009

Hi guys,

As you remember, the first *real-life* VLC developers meeting took
place last year (well, two weeks ago).

On Sunday morning (21/12/08) we agreed to create a french non-profit
association to protect the project VideoLAN and its developers. This
association will also be the legal entity that will manage the servers
and the money, in order to separate ourselves from VIA Centrale
Réseaux.

I won't explain everything here in this mail, but you can read my
report at the following address:
http://jpeg.dinauz.org/VideoLAN/dev-mtg-08/Association.txt

The statutes (in French) are here:
http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Status-VideoLAN.pdf

Please congratulate our new President, Jean-Baptiste KEMPF (jb)
And his fellow members: Antoine CELLERIER (dionoea) as Secretary, and
Rémi DURAFFORT (ivoire) as Treasurer.

The association is not yet legally existing, the statutes must be
deposited at the prefecture.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Philippe André (jpeg)