[vlc-devel] media_player_stop DeadLock

Chris Beard beardless2 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 11:07:48 CET 2009

Hi,

I am building my own Delphi Wrapper for the libvlc api.

I have been experiencing a deadlock when there are 4 x media players playing streaming udp video and then i stop mulitple mediaplayers at the same time i.e.

procedure TMainForm.StopButtonClick(Sender: TObject);Var  i : integer;begin  For i := 1 to 4 do
  Begin      libvlc_media_player_stop(MediaPlayer[i], VLC_Exception.Instance);      CheckError;
  Rnd;end;

Sometimes it works fine, but more often that not on the 2nd or 3rd loop the dead lock will happen. (I am using a single instance of libvlc_new, 4 x libvlc_media_player_new, and 4 x libvlc_media_new)

Please could someone take a look?

Chris