[vlc-devel] Translate VLC

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Thu Jan 8 22:56:08 CET 2009

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 08, 09 at 15:21 +0700, Khoem Sokhem wrote:
> I am Sokhem Khoem , the coordinator of Localization team of KhmerOS project
> (www.khmeros.info). I have translated many software into Khmer (official
> language of Cambodia) already such as: Open Office, Thunderbird, Firefox, KDE,
> openSUSE,Inkscape, Gimp, and many more...
> Now I am going to translate VLC very soon but I am not sure where can I
> start?
> Could anyone point me the way to start translating this program?

You can find the file there:
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/km.po
You can use poEdit or KBabel or a simple text editor to translate. Make
sure that you use UTF-8 as encoding

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

> Does this use SVN to check out the file for translating?
Translators usually don't have access to the Git repo.
When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.
Once commited the file will be at
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=po;hb=0.9-bugfix

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Thanks

--
Xtophe