[vlc-devel] Large ogg packets

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat Jan 10 11:32:38 CET 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com wrote:
> just a reminder that this patch was not applied.
> It supports Ogg packets larger than 0xffff in size.
> Tested with at least one each of (Vorbis/Theora/Speex/Kate),
> and fixes reading at least one stream:
> http://www.audioranger.com/with_coverart.ogg
> (see http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment#Proposal)
> for the rationale.
 I am pretty sure that at least :
- the mkv demuxer has to be fixed too.
- the ffmpeg avcodec library has to be fixed or our avcodec modules (decoder/encoder)
 should convert 4 bytes to 2 bytes size (and the other way).
- the ffmpeg avformat library has to be fixed or our avformat modules (demuxer/muxer)
 should convert  4 bytes to 2 bytes size (and the other way).

Without these actions taken, the current patch cannot be applied.

--
fenrir