[vlc-devel] VLC 0.8.6i release

Hervé Anselme anselme.herve at neuf.fr
Sun Jan 11 15:25:49 CET 2009

Hi,

do anybody know if the 0.8.6i release of VLC Media Player is still maintained ?

If this release is still maintained, I'd like to submit an evolution to the development team : it's about playing a video slower or faster.

By now, we have to use the keyboard, when VLC is already reading a video : << Shift >> << - >> to play slower, or << Shift >> << + >> to play faster.

The evolution I'd like to submit, would be to have also command line options, so that the person does not have to operate manually.

Best regards,
zebulon

  a.. Re: VLC 0.8.6i release
by Fkuehne on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:57 am

@ zebulon:

Although VLC 0.8.6i is unmaintained now, you are welcome to contribute this feature to the forthcoming VLC 1.0 release. Please email your patch to vlc-devel at videolan.org or ask there for more information.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Co-Developer of the Mac OS X port
http://www.videolan.org/