[vlc-devel] VLC ignores PTS in PES streams ?!

Matthias Bauer smile4you at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 14 22:03:47 CET 2009

I'm sure VLC does not ignore PTS/DTS values because I have a problem
with this when I'm streaming a recorded PES stream to VLC and then
fastforward, reverse or slowmotion the stream on the streaming server.

BTW: Do you have an idea how I could manipulate the stream while
fastforward, reverse or slowmotion of the stream? I tried to
(1) remove PTS/DTS from stream, or
(2) set all bits of PTS/DTS to 1 or even
(3) adding trickmode info into the stream,
but all didn't work. I already posted a question to this list and did
not an answer.

Best regards,

Matthias