[vlc-devel] mjpeg demux and infinite wait.

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Mon Jan 19 17:08:49 CET 2009

Quoting Rémi Denis <rdenis at simphalempin.com>:

>> I am reading a mjpeg stream with http connection.
>> But when the connection is lost, this input thread will never end.
>> The demuxer is waiting for data (with a poll call), without timeout.
>> Is it a normal behaviour ?

> Infinite timeout is normal. Poll should be waiting on the HTTP access event
pipe, not only the TCP socket.

Yes I think it is the case.
Either I don't understand your answer, or my question was not clear.
If the connection is lost, poll will wait as long as there is no data to read,
and when I ask to quit, poll will return thanks to the HTTP access event pipe.
The problem is : if the connection is lost, VLC will never close the stream and
the input thread *by itself*.