[vlc-devel] New video filter MODULE_STRING undeclared

Stream Alerts support at streamalerts.com
Tue Jan 20 15:58:05 CET 2009

> Did your audio filter really work? AFAIK you cannot compile filters with
Visual Studio and use them in VLC because VLC is
> built using mingw.

Yeah, it was great being able to compile the audio filter. I dropped the
DLL in the VLC folder, start VLC and it finds the plugin and I can enable
or disable it in the advanced GUI.

And thank you Christophe and Remi, I haven't tried compiling code from
scratch in mingw yet so I'll use that VLC site information and hunt around
for tutorials on how to write proper makefiles and such.

Chris Larsen