[vlc-devel] Building a debug version of VLC

Mark Bidewell mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu
Mon Jan 26 22:05:58 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont
<rdenis at simphalempin.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:25:07 -0500, Mark Bidewell
> <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
>> I am trying to build a debug version of VLC.  I added the -g option to
>> vlc-config however, when I open the binary in DDD, I can only read
>> vlc.c .  Is there a proper way to do this?
>
> That should not be a surprise as the vlc binary only contains bin/vlc.c
> anyhow.
>
> The core is in libvlccore.so, the plugins in their respective
> lib*_plugin.so and libvlc in libvlc.so.
>
> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont

Thanks, I am working some more the gdb/ddd and I see that if I attach
to the process after I have performed some operations that the modules
begin to fill in, Is this the way to use the debugger with VLC?

--
Mark Bidewell
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markbidewell