[vlc-devel] vout recycling

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 26 23:06:05 CET 2009

In the wake of current vout talks, I would like to propose the attached
patch (more a proof-of-concept, not yet completed) to work out problems
still pending with vout recycling, especially width and
height restrictions.

I was already said those restrictions are mandatory, but for basic use,
removing them leads to real seamless transition between items, both
fullscreen and windowed.

This small working patch can be tested with qt4. Feel free to comment on
it. I just wished to come up with it before freezing time, because as a
user today's vlc1.0 still seems uncompleted at first sight (while on the
other hand, there are so many new technical stuffs in it). This patch
tries to show what I would expect of vlc.

Erwan10