[vlc-devel] segmentation fault in plugin xvideo (libvlc call)

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Wed Jan 28 23:34:16 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 09 at 22:38 +0100, Gilles Sabourin wrote:
> Since 2 weeks, we got a segmentation fault in plugin xvideo which Eric and I
> don't understand. As his application is small, this could be considered as a
> test case.

> [0x8a4a90] main libvlc error: option width does not refer to an int
> appeared this evening for the first time.

I think Rémi fixed that this evening.

> (gdb) run
> [0x8a4a90] main libvlc error: option width does not refer to an int

> [Switching to Thread 0x7fffb505d950 (LWP 13070)]
> 0x00007fffc6fddbde in CreateWindow () from
> /usr/lib64/vlc/video_output/libxvideo_plugin.so
> Current language:  auto; currently asm
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00007fffc6fddbde in CreateWindow () from
> /usr/lib64/vlc/video_output/libxvideo_plugin.so
> #1  0x00007fffc6fde51d in Activate () from

Could you add -vvv to libvlc options so that we get full messages.
And compile vlc with --enable-debug so that the backtrace are more
usefull.

Also do you display fullscreen ? in a window that libvlc creates ? or do
you create a drawable in an other part and pass the XID ?

--
Xtophe