[vlc-devel] You should test with Guard Malloc on Mac OS X

Jean-Philippe André jpeg at videolan.org
Thu Jan 29 20:16:51 CET 2009

Hello,

Le jeudi 29 janvier 2009 à 06:08:08, Felix Kühne a écrit :
> Hello Michael,
> thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. I'll play with these debug features
> once the features of VLC 1.0 are frozen and we will start to fix the
> remaining bugs for the next major release.

Do people here know about similar debugging softwares but for linux?

I remember I had tried electric fence (efence) some time ago, but is
wasn't able to start VLC with the Qt interface. There was an out of
memory error. I think I was hardly able to start vlc with -Idummy but
impossible to read anything (either too slow or OOM).

Good evening,

--
Jean-Philippe André (jpeg)