[vlc-devel] Client technology for the development of a generalized self-learning valuation and classification system

contact contact at stefan-hans.de
Fri Jan 30 12:12:17 CET 2009

Hello vlc_developers,

my name is Stefan from Munich and I'm student of computer science preparing my dissertation at the FernUni Hagen.

The topic is a generalized self-learning valuation and classification system. As content I use audio files (mp3). For the client prototypes I used C# with WMPLib.
But this was not a final decision about technology. The performance of the WMPLib is the main deficit especially under Vista - contrary to VLC.

Introducing my ideas to an interested prof yesterday the time for a final decision about technology has come.

I would like to use the following:

Qt for Windows: C++ (Qt 4.4.3)
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ on Windows (3.4.0)
Qt Eclipse Integration for C++ (1.4.3)

and as "playing component" VLC Media Player (LibVLC)

I've worked with none of these yet so I'm asking for comments.

Regards

PS: If someone is interested in the ideas of the project I would be pleased to answer.