[vlc-devel] About VLC 1.0.0

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jul 3 11:28:50 CEST 2009

I think that we have reached the time where VLC is quite stable.
We fixed a lot of bugs, crashes, and other annoying issues that make VLC
1.0.0 way better than 0.9.x and also playing way more files than the
famous 0.8.6.

I would like to that we tag 1.0.0 very soon, but, before doing that, I
made a test package here:
http://people.videolan.org/~jb/1.0.0/vlc-1.0.0.tar.bz2
And test windows packages there:
http://people.videolan.org/~jb/1.0.0/win32/

I think that if you could report important issues before the release,
that would be very nice and very cool.

Important issues DO NOT include improper playback of broken files that
never played in VLC, minor interface glitches or small perf issues.
Issues that are not regressions are also not interesting for us.

I will be afk this week-end, and so does xtophe, but if you feel able to
do the release, please do. If you don't, I'll do it sunday night.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/