[vlc-devel] libvlc-1.0.0 dated 2009-jul-07 crashes in swscalar

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:44:50 CEST 2009

using libvlc on windows, playing a video, I get a crash in an mmx
section of libswscale_plugin

wish I could copy and paste the disassembly to point to it better...

using the exact same program, and pointing at 0.9.6, the video plays
correctly.  since 0.9.9 I have complained about this libswscalar
problem.  I had checked the code directly before, and know that
setting disables in vlc.cfg for MMX=0 etc do not help.  ( I attempted
it anyhow, and it did not change the effect).