[vlc-devel] libvlc-1.0.0 dated 2009-jul-07 crashes in swscalar

d3ck0r at gmail.com d3ck0r at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:27:02 CEST 2009

xxcv wrote:

J Decker wrote:
> using libvlc on windows, playing a video, I get a crash in an mmx
> section of libswscale_plugin

Your application is a ?? C/C++ Java? and what does it do specifically a
GUI or ?
Did you compiled libswscale yourself?
Well .. you still need to provide more debug informations and you
reported this
now after the

As compiled by openwatcom 1.8.  But I am not linked to libvlc.lib... I defined a structuee with all methods getprocaddress'd from the dll.

Ya figured someone else would have caught these but with so many issues not sure how 1.0 was decided to work.  Bet libvlc still never calls lock for dshow://...

I can include a log of verbose=2 output.  I'm rendering to a soft surface... For vlc's purposes just a flat memory region of widtj and height ofvideo.  Even if I specify exactly the same size swscalar is still called...  The reference is failing is a null pointer...

The code is public at sack.sf.net (click sf icon to go project)... In svn trunk... src/intershell/vlc_hook/vlc_interface.c

tagged 1.0.0 .. hmm but technically the testing stage
is just over.

.