[vlc-devel] RTP over TCP (old questions...)

Juan Cristóbal Olivares cristobal at cxnet.cl
Tue Jul 7 08:55:38 CEST 2009

Hi:
I know this question is *really* old and common, but I would like to know
what do you think. We are looking for a solution using RTP over TCP (like
Windows Media Services does). This is due firewall restrictions.

I read there was a summer of code idea but it didn't become a project, am I
right?

So, here's are the questions:

a) Do you think it's possible to implement it? Is it that hard? Why?
b) Do you think there's some open source server to use at least as a proxy
for the VLC? (which does the transcodign).
c) Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

--