[vlc-devel] [videolan-announce] VLC 1.0.0
jb at videolan.org
Tue Jul 7 13:10:44 CEST 2009
Dear VLC users and VideoLAN community,
The VideoLAN project and the VLC developers are very pleased to announce
the immediate release of VLC media player 1.0.0, codename "Goldeneye".
This release introduces many new features and includes:
* Instant pausing and Frame-by-Frame support
* Live recording
* Finer speed controls
* New HD codecs (AES3, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, Blu-Ray Linear PCM, Real Video 3.0 and 4.0, ...)
* New formats (Raw Dirac, M2TS, ...) and majors improvements in many formats...
* New Dirac encoder and MP3 fixed-point encoder
* Video scaling in fullscreen
* RTSP Trickplay support
* Zipped file playback
* Customizable toolbars
* Easier encoding GUI in Qt interface
* Better integration in Gtk environments
* MTP devices on linux
* AirTunes streaming
* New skin for skins2 interface, made by Martin Pöhlmann
You can download it now on http://www.videolan.org/.
The VideoLAN team needs your help to continue the project.
If you can share time, hardware or money, that would help us a lot.
You can find more details on this release on the NEWS and Changelog files
from the source packages.
Press requests should be forwarded to videolan at videolan.org
For the VideoLAN project,
videolan-announce mailing list
videolan-announce at videolan.org
More information about the vlc-devel