[vlc-devel] 0.9.10 and the future of 0.9.x branch

Felix Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:35:15 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf<jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have no interest in taking care of the 0.9-bugfix branch of VLC, and
> especially -infinity interest in making Windows versions for this
> branch.
>
> Maybe some people are interested, maybe not. What should we do ?
>
> I suggest that we tag a 0.9.10 release in the next days if needed in
> order to help the sources distribution, but not advertise it on the
> website for Mac and Windows.
>
> Any thoughts? Any maintainer volunteering?
Although I don't want to continue permanent maintenance of this
branch, quite a few important bugfixes were backported for the Mac OS
X port, so I'd like to do a last stable release for 10.4 fixing the
most important crashes and annoyances. I definitely won't have any
time for this within the next 10 days, but afterwards, I would like to
push this. Fine for you?

I don't care about windows builds for 0.9.10 and in fact, I don't see
any reason for this as little to nothing changed for this platform.
Same for *nix too, I guess.

Best regards,

Felix