[vlc-devel] Modules to remove for 1.1 ?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jul 10 16:13:12 CEST 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:03:38 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> I have a few modules on my TOKILL list for 1.1.
> Opinions?
>
> gtk_main, gnome_main, pda - opinions? (and the gtk2_* ?)

Yep. I am suspicious about BeOS and QNX, but I guess they don't hurt
(nobody will build them by accident).

> asademux and csri
> cddax - We don't care about cd-paranoia, IMVHO -

+1

> cmml - Even Xiph doesn't use it.

+1

> ShowIntf - Useless now.

I don't recall what it does.

> mga? - never worked
> xvmc? - never worked for me
> qte? - Anyone compiled it since some time?

> vcdx? (It has menus that the vcd module hasn't, I think)

I would like to kill xlib-x11 and xlib-xv. We can ship libxcb in the
contribs if needed. Anyway, if Laurent succeeds in rewriting the vout
architecture, those plugins won't work anymore...