[vlc-devel] v4l2 in 1.0.0

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 16 02:35:14 CEST 2009

> And, thirdly, the alsa input slave is problematic. The audio plays
> normally, but the video is jerky, I get something like 5 fps. If remove
> the input slave, the video plays smoothly, and I can play the sound
> smoothly too from another VLC.

As dionoea advised me to try, I decreased the wait time in snd_pcm_wait()
in the alsa access module. It improves video playback, it seems fine
now.

Also, my setup with branch 0.9 did use ALSA too, and was working well
with it. My system doesn't support OSS...

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."