[vlc-devel] [Troll] VLC 1.1 name

Branko Kokanovic branko.kokanovic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 11:46:30 CEST 2009

I don't know if anyone suggested this, but just throwing ideas:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asterix_characters
Pros:
* there are enough names for many releases to come, with some funny
ones for specific situations (Cacofonix or Unhygienix for unstable
ones, Obelix or Fulliautomatix when PR wants to says there are a lot
of features,  Geriatrix for 2028. release:) and so on...).
* If devs wants to emphasize some specific feature, names can be made
up to just sound like names from Asterix (e.g. HeavyBugFix)
* Asterix characters are also highly symbolic because it is kind of
small tribute to the origins of VLC.

Cons:
* copyright issues?

greetings, Kokan